I told y’all that I’m a Cookie Monster. Sugar cookies are one of the easiest cookies to make. I just used a basic sugar cookie recipe and added M&Ms.
In honor of Valentine’s Day here’s a lil sugar for your suga’!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Half bag of Milk Chocolate M&Ms
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerate for 2 hours. Scoop out some dough, and roll it into a ball. It should be about the size of a golf ball.
- Roll the ball of dough around in some M&M’s, making sure the M&M’s stick into the dough, and place the cookie on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place 6 cookies on a sheet since they will spread due to their size.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until just slightly golden around the edges. Remove from oven and let rest on the baking sheet to finish cooking a little.
Enjoy! Nom, nom, nom, nom!
Did you make these cookies or are you a Cookie Monster as well? Tell me about it by leaving a comment below. As always, thanks for reading! See y’all soon!