In 2016, the red lip print trend was crazy! It was partly fueled by artist Donald Robertson’s signature lip print collections released the prior year.
Fast forward to 2019 and I’m bored with the trend. Then one day I was scrolling through my IG feed and saw this:
I fell in love with the look, so of course I had to create a plus size version of the jeans!
Here’s what you need to make your own Lip Print Jeans:
- Old pair of jeans
- Fabric paint and/or markers ( I used Leather Studio brand paint in red and a black Sharpie marker)
- Paper plate
- Paint brushes
- Stencil sponges
- Find an old pair of jeans. I found this pair on the clearance rack at Old Navy for $2.47!
- Find a lip stencil or create one like I did. To create my stencil I put a piece of paper over the image below, traced it and cut it out. Simple!
You don’t have to create your own stencil or use a lip stencil. You can find lots of cool stencils on Amazon.com or at your local craft store.
3. Lay the jeans out on a flat surface
4. Squeeze your paint onto a paper plate and dab a stencil sponge into the paint until it is fully coated then lightly dab any excess paint onto the paper plate.
5. Position the stencil on the jeans in a manner that you desire. Lightly dab the paint over the stencil until fully colored in on the jeans. Repeat those steps all over the jeans and as needed to refill your sponge.
6. Allow the painted jeans to dry on a flat surface.
7. Once the paint dries use a Sharpie to draw a lip line and create an opening for a pouty lip look.
And voila, here’s the finished look!
Do you like? Comment below with your thoughts. Also, don’t forget to click the “Follow” button so you won’t miss out!